Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Heard Back From My Congressman


Please see the reply:
After reading it, and it looks like he actually read my e-mail, I can not figure out how much he really is in support of our troops or not.

Putting it blunt, when you vote to send troops to war, troops die. Our countries worst fears were realized when we ended up in a door-to-door fighting in the cities. There is no going back. In his letter the 80% of Iraq want us out of Iraq. I can agree to that to an extent. Why don't we seal off all of the boarders and let Iraq do the fighting like we have in Afghanistan?

I really can't tell where my congressman stands trying to read through all of the double talk in this letter. Although he does state that the ad was put up by a liberal organization as a slam ad against him. I’ll give him a bye on that one; no way to prove that it was or was not paid for by him.
As you note no politician is willing to say one word of what we will do about Iran and Syria. Although it is not congresses place, pressure needs to be put on our lame duck Republican President to put his pants back on and line up the B-52's and carpet bomb the Mullahs in Iran back to before the Stone Age.

We also need to fund the building of some brand new B-52's. Maybe some new engines and electronics suite, but that is one of the best aircraft the Air force ever had built for them, that and the A-10. I think they need to build some more new A-10's also. I would love to see a naval version of an A-10. Anything has to be better than the F/A-18, but I cannot see a better attack aircraft than the A-10. Why not a naval version of the A-10 for the navy. They already have one Hoover on an aircraft carrier the S-3.

1 comment:

Papa J said...

Well, a personal note from a senator is better than a kick in the pants... even if he does come across as a politician.

Very cool.